By now you’ve heard of R3ciprocity.com, the sharing economy proofreading and editing platform where you become a better writer by helping others become better writers. You’ve heard that helping others with their writing earns you credits towards having your own work reviewed by a R3ciprocity editor—credits that can even be withdrawn as real money.
But how does R3ciprocity.com make you a better writer? While the core of R3ciprocity is the review process where your work is proofread and edited by a vetted R3ciprocity editor, the platform offers a growing number of built-in writing and editing tools for you to take advantage of.
Author bio: Matt Murphy grew up in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He now lives in Williamsburg, Virginia with his wife and daughter. Matt is a freelance proofreader, editor, and technical writer with nearly 10 years experience as a business and technical communicator working in federal government HR. He finds a well-written user manual extremely satisfying, and a good cup of tea even more so.
R3ciprocity’s writing and editing tools
R3ciprocity’s writing and editing tools are a great way to make sure that your paper or article is free of common spelling and grammar errors before you send it on to be reviewed by a R3ciprocity editor. R3ciprocity can even help you make sure your language is appropriate for your audience and that your writing is free of (accidental!) plagiarism.
Get in the habit of using these tools before sending your paper to the editing queue and you’ll soon spot many of the most common writing issues on your own. By taking care of these before you send your document for review, you give your editor the space to think about how the ideas in your paper could be taken to the next level—instead of spending their time looking for typos.
R3ciprocity’s writing and editing tools are still evolving. Currently, there are three tools available, with more planned in the future:
Whether plagiarism is intended or not, accusations of plagiarism can have serious long-lasting consequences for a writer. Colleges and universities take plagiarism very seriously, and so does R3ciprocity. R3ciprocity.com’s AI-powered plagiarism checker can help identify passages that may require credit or attribution.
Grammar is more than just knowing if a comma is in the correct place. R3ciprocity.com’s grammar checker scans your document for potential problems in eight different categories. It highlights each instance in your document, making it easy to spot patterns in your writing. Want to be sure the words you chose are telling the story you want to tell? R3cprocity.com’s grammar checker can help!
R3ciprocity.com’s tone checker tells you if your writing voice is positive, negative, or neutral. It employs a machine learning algorithm (Learn more about sentiment analysis) to determine a score for each paragraph of text, as well as a score for the entire document. Are your ideas presented in a tone that best tells your story? R3ciprocity.com’s tone checker helps you visualize how will your readers respond to your ideas.
To find R3ciprocity’s writing tools, log into your R3ciprocity.com account. If you haven’t already done so, upload a document to your My Documents page. The document shows up as a new tile. R3ciprocity’s writing tools are located in the lower section of each document tile.
Don’t have a R3ciprocity account yet? (Not quite sure what R3ciprocity is all about? You should read this post.) Check out our brand new Getting Started guide below and become a part of the growing R3ciprocity community!
Join the R3ciprocity Community
R3ciprocity.com is a sharing economy designed to help you become a better writer. As a R3ciprocity editor, you earn credits that you can use to have your own work edited. Do a good enough job and you can convert your credits to real money. R3ciprocity.com encourages people to help others by creating incentives for people to give back.
R3ciprocity.com is more than a spelling and grammar checker, it’s a social task-based platform where writers and editors help each other. No matter your skill level, you help someone improve their writing. The more people you help, the more credits you earn.
How it works:
- Upload your document, manuscript, or report. Use R3ciprocity credits to send it for review. We put it in a queue to be reviewed by one of your peers on the website.
- Request a job from the editing queue. Once you receive a document, download it, make corrections, add comments or suggestions, and send it back.
- The owner receives the edited document and sees the corrections. They rate your reviewing ability and provide feedback on your editing.
- Use the credits you earned to have your work reviewed.
You can also purchase credits. Do this to send your document for review or to boost your document ahead in the editing queue.
Getting started with R3ciprocity.com is simple. Once you create your account, you can begin using R3ciprocity.com immediately.
Create an account
This section will show you how to create an account on R3ciprocity.com.
- Navigate to https://www.r3ciprocity.com.
- Click the Sign up button near the top of the screen.
- On the registration form, click the toggle switch to indicate that you are over the age of 13.
- Click the toggle switch to indicate that you have read and accepted R3ciprocity’s terms and Conditions.
TIP: You can also register using a social media account by clicking one of the social media icons on the registration form.
- [Optional] Create a R3ciprocity username.
- Enter the email address and password you will use to log in to your R3ciprocity account.
- [Optional] Enter a short bio description.
- [Optional] Click the Browse button to upload a profile picture.
- Click Register to complete the registration process.
IMPORTANT: The R3ciprocity administrator will send an activation email to the address used to create the account. If you do not receive an email, please check your Spam or Junk folder before contacting support.
- Click the activation link in the email to activate your R3ciprocity account.
- You may now log into https://www.r3ciprocity.com.
This section will show you how to log into your R3ciprocity account.
- 1. Navigate to https://www.r3ciprocity.com.
- Click the Login button near the top of the screen.
- Enter the email address and password you used to create your R3ciprocity account.
- Click Log In to finish logging into your account.
If you forget your password, click the Restore Password link on the login form.
Now that you’ve successfully logged into your new account, you’re ready to:
- Upload your writing to your My Documents page to be reviewed by a R3ciprocity editor.
- Purchase R3ciprocity credits from your profile page to use towards having your work reviewed.
- Request to become a R3ciprocity editor from your My Reviews page and help others improve their writing.
R3ciprocity.com is Built by a Community of Writers and Editors
How To Log-In To R3ciprocity.com (2019)
r3ciprocity.com: Exploring The Profile Page Of An Online Proofreading Tool